A couple Saturdays ago, I hung out with my friend Amanda. She works for an entertainment show and one of the recent guests was Sean Combs aka Puff Daddy aka P. Diddy aka Diddy. Based from my title, I think we all can guess which “aka” is my personal fave. While on the show, Diddy spoke about a variety of things including (the most obvious connection to this post) Ciroc Vodka, of which he is the spokesman for. Now if you don’t already know, Ciroq is made from grapes, which makes it 100% safe for any gluten-intolerant folks. There’s been recent news actually saying all hard alcohol is safe regardless of what grain it’s made from but more on that later. For now, we focus on Ciroc, Diddy, and Cosmos.
It was the recent presence of Diddy in my friend’s life that inspired me to whip up a few tasty Cosmos with Ciroq Vodka for our pre-drink drinks. The secret to a perfect Cosmo is making it strong but not having it taste like it’s strong. It should be a really nice shade of pink, not red.
In preparation for my friends arrival, I put on Diddy’s classic 1997 album, No Way Out. (No, I didn’t). Then, I set up all my supplies for easy fixin’.
- Ciroc Vodka
- Contreau – Orange Liqueur
- Ocean Spray Cranberry Cocktail Juice
- Lemon or Lime for Garnish – I prefer Lemon but I wouldn’t turn down a Lime
- Martini Shaker, maybe like one of these from Target
- If you don’t have a Jigger, which I don’t at the moment. You can always use a regular ol’Shot Glass – 1 & 1/2 ounce like THIS
- Martini Glasses – I like freeze to mine beforehand.
- 2 shots Cirqoq Vodka
- 2 shots Cranberry (maybe more like 1 and 1/2)
- 1/2 shot Contreau
- Add all ingredients along with plenty of ice into the shaker and SHAKE! Then, pour into the glass and add a slivered wedge of the lemon for garnish.
Now for your viewing pleasure, in case you haven’t already seen any of these. Diddy’s commercials for Ciroq are HILARIOUS. Here’s my favorite!
Words to live by ladies in regards to your footwear courtesy of Diddy.